NB Aurora SA SICAF RAIF (“NB Aurora”) is a long term Luxembourg investment company listed in Italy investing in Italian SMEs and promoted by Neuberger Berman.
NB Aurora’s investment objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation through mainly minority equity investments in a portfolio of small and medium sized unlisted Italian companies operating in their niche markets.
NB Aurora’s first investment has been the acquisition of 44.55% of the units of Fondo Italiano di Investimento (“FII”), which is composed of a well-diversified portfolio of financially sound companies managed by the former management of Fondo Italiano: a skilled team with a long experience investing together supported by NB platform.
NB Aurora, differentiates itself from traditional Private Equity Funds, by focussing on very long term investment horizons free from conventional exit constraints.
NB Aurora has been structured to provide an investment opportunity for investors who are PIR compliant under the Italian law.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions and advisors worldwide. With offices in 23 countries, Neuberger Berman’s team is more than 2,100 professionals. The company was ranked 2nd by Pensions & Investments in their 2018 “Best Places to Work in Money Management” survey (among organizations with over 1,000 employees). Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm fosters an investment culture of fundamental research and independent thinking. It manages $333 billion in client assets as of June 30, 2019. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
About NB Alternatives
The private equity platform of NB Alternatives manages over $60 billion of commitments and includes the private equity fund of funds, secondary and co-investment businesses.
Unlocking Value Through Industrial, Operational And Financial Levels
NB Aurora supports entrepreneurs by providing professional management, governance, expertise and capital for growth and by leveraging its strong local presence and reputation with the global network of the Neuberger platform.
- Minority investments
- Growth and patient capital
- Equity and quasi-equity
- Develop family owned business
- Creating scalable platforms through Buy and Build strategy in fragmented industries
- Support “Made in Italy” to the global market
- Business model transformation and organizational revamping
- Solve complex situation
- Strengthening management for the next stage of growth
- Close and long term partnerships with entrepreneurs to drive out strategic and operational value
- Active investor with governance rights defined since closing
- Long term investment horizons free from short-term strict performance constraints
- Flexible possible way out
We invest in unlisted Italian small-medium enterprises, helping our portfolio companies unlock their potential
- Turnover typically between Euro 30 million and 300 million
- Companies operating in all growing industries with strong long-term drivers
- Clear industrial plans based on strategic combinations and/or organic growth potential
- Strong export attitude
- Mainly family-owned companies